Thanks to my good friend, Lynn – I’m passing out the HANDBOOK for 2010
Such easy things to do, if only we can attempt to meet SOME of these goals, we’ll all have a wonderful 2010!
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3.. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.(Then I will never have a book out of my hand LOL)
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree…
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Please remember everyone you care about.
Have a Happy New Year!
This post began through a friend… Gifts for Writers… However, it wouldn’t be me without putting in a few cents of my own.
So, without further ado, I give you Ashley’s take on what makes the best gift for any author…
What says Christmas like a Yellow Legal Pad?
Any writer would love a pack of Sharpie Highlighters in their stocking…
Post it Flags also make GREAT editing tools – and fit nicely under or ON the tree!
I love an excellent pen, and NOTHING says I Love You! like a Waterford Fountain Pen… I mean really… This will generate some serious “Squee!” from any writer I know…
Then, there’s the Writer’s Toolbox… Here’s what I have on my shelf, :
What writer wouldn’t be thrilled with any of the above?!
Enjoy a happy, blessed holiday season…