God’s greatest gift – a big sister…
I had a special opportunity to gaze into the huge, amazing heart of my big sister, Paige Day. For those of you who don’t know her, Paige is an amazing woman. She’s been through the fire and come out on the other side. She’s raised three amazing children, survived an abusive, alcoholic first husband, she nearly lost her soul-mate in a motorcycle accident, and she is the strongest woman I know. She is the stuff that romance heroines should be made of. She never quits. She never surrenders. She is eternally faithful to God. She is the kind of woman I strive to be.
Here are some random thoughts that I came across on her facebook page today, and I pray she doesn’t mind! but I’m sharing them in today’s post. My heart bursts with pride for my big sister, who has always ALWAYS taken care of me. Even when it broke her heart to do so, she’s always told me the truth. With my big sister, I can share my deepest secrets, my darkest fears, and my wildest hopes. She is the extrovert this introvert has always striven to be. She is the lead role in the school play while I was the towns-person in the background. She is the soccer star while I cheered on from the sidelines. She is the reason God made me more of a fan, and less of a competitor. I continue to cheer for her every day.
I pray that my girls have a relationship as strong as ours. So, without further ado – here are 16 things about my big sister. My best friend. Some of them I knew, and some of them dampened my eyes, and stirred my soul…
Paige Day at 7:54am December 16
- I have enjoyed growing up with my kids…..
- I love being a paramedic and a firefighter
- Tucson really feels like home, even though I love the different seasons
- I have a dragon tattoo on my back (it’s way cool, my husband drew it)
- Living through Mark’s accident and getting our family through it was the hardest thing I ever did
- I love roses
- I love animals (from fish to dogs, turtles, lizards, rats…..we have them all)
- I am starting my master’s degree in January
- I can’t believe I am 41 when I still feel 18 on the inside
- I knew I was a grown-up when I started having extra lightbulbs in the pantry for replacement
- I love to watch football
- I bought a book to learn about the rules of wrestling so I could support my boys.
- I love to play American girl dolls with my daughter
- When I run it is my favorite time to pray and sort out my life
- I love Christmas and get as excited about Santa as the kids……
- I think snow is beautiful
I love you, Paigie. Thank you for sharing.